March 2nd, 2015
Seaweed, Carrot, and Avacado Salad
Serves 6 to 8 – This simple, colorful salad is a flavorful accompaniment to any Asian-inspired meal. Sliced green onions or diced red bell pepper are great additions.
- 1 cup dried arame seaweed (about 1 ounce)
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 2 medium cucumbers, diced
- 4 medium carrots, shredded
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium tamari
Soak arame in cold water to cover by several inches until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and transfer to a large bowl. Add remaining ingredients and toss well to combine. Serve room temperature or chilled.
Per Serving: 70 calories (25 from fat), 3g total fat, 0g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 95mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (4g dietary fiber, 3g sugar), 2g protein
Sourced by Whole Foods Market