January 15th, 2015
Heart Health Profiler: Find Out If You Are Young At Heart
How healthy is your heart? You can find out without even leaving your house. Perform your own heart evaluation at home using our online heart health profiler. Have a Heart-to-Heart with Your Heart A heart health profiler is an interactive, online system. Answer simple questions, and the profiler will provide feedback about your heart health. Watch a short video about our heart profiler. The profiler can:
- Compare your actual age to your heart’s biological age. For example, if you are 50 years old, but your “heart age” is 60, then you’re more likely to develop heart disease than someone 10 years older than you. The fewer risk factors you have, the closer your heart age is to your actual age. In fact, your heart may even be younger.
- Calculate your risk of developing cardiovascular disease (CVD). This describes the likelihood that you may have a heart attack or other heart problems in the future. If you are younger than 60, the profiler calculates your 30-year risk.
- Prioritize your most serious CVD risk factors. Once you’ve entered in all of your health info, the profiler determines your most harmful risk factors, which may include being a smoker, having high cholesterol or a family history of heart disease. Then, you can talk to a doctor about ways to lower your risk. How Do I Use a Heart Health Profiler? A heart profiler, such as the Sentara Heart Health Profiler, will ask you basic questions about your:
- Height and weight
- Exercise routine
- Smoking history
- Personal and family heart history (such as heart disease or heart surgery)
- Blood pressure and cholesterol levels
The profiler is designed to be easy to use. If you are not sure what a question means, you can click on it for more information. And if you don’t know the answer to some of the questions, don’t worry. The profiler will still give you valuable information and advice. Why Use a Profiler? You want to keep your heart in good shape. Your profile feedback can help you can take the right steps to lower your risk for heart disease. Maybe you want to make lifestyle changes, such as exercising more often or losing weight. Or you decide to make an appointment with a cardiologist to talk about heart screenings. A profiler is an easy, painless, convenient way to stay on the road to heart health.