March 18th, 2015
Mighty Bowls of Goodness
Serves 4 — This colorful one-dish meal will become a new favorite.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup sprouted green lentils or sprouted mung beans
- 1 bunch kale, stemmed, chopped and steamed or 1 head broccoli, cut into florets and steamed
- Choice of grilled tofu, chicken, or salmon (optional)
- 1 avocado, cut into wedges
- Bragg Liquid Aminos
- Mixed fresh herbs such as parsley, cilantro or basil
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
Cook quinoa and lentils or mung beans separately according to package instructions. Divide quinoa among four bowls. Top with lentils, kale or broccoli and your choice of tofu, chicken or salmon, if using. Garnish with avocado. Serve with liquid aminos, herbs and lemon wedges.
Per Serving: Serving size: does not include optional tofu, chicken or salmon, 440 calories (110 from fat), 12g total fat, 1.5g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 75mg sodium, 70g carbohydrate (16g dietary fiber, 3g sugar), 21g protein
Sourced by Whole Foods Market